*Inspired by and adapted from this recipe
As a busy wife and mama of a hard-working husband who works long hours several days out of the week, I am always looking for slow-cooker recipes that are easy, flavorful, and filling! My boys are "meat and potatoes" guys (Daniel is a Midwestern man, born and raised!) and so especially on long work days, I love to make him something hearty for dinner. This recipe is one of my favorites and it's super, super simple and quick -- as a busy mom of a little one, that is a must!
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 12 Ounce Bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 oz Packet Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- Rolls or Homemade Biscuits
- Toppings we like: Blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing or shredded cheddar cheese and ranch dressing, lettuce, onion.
* Can also be served on nachos, in taquitos, or on potato skins for a game-day type treat
If I have extra time and am feeling "fancy", I also add in these ingredients I have seen in other versions of the recipe:
- A few fresh cloves of garlic, minced
- About a tablespoon of brown sugar
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth
Spritz slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Add chicken breasts to slow cooker pot, and season with ranch dressing mix. Add garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, if desired. Mix in buffalo sauce and chicken broth.
Cook on "low" for 8 hours. (If short on time, cook on high for 4 hours but I think the flavors blend best on low!)
Shred chicken with a fork one hour prior to completion.
Serve with your choice of cheese, dressing and toppings along with your favorite side dish -- I love making a big salad and serving it along with potato wedges, fries, potato salad in the summertime, veggies and ranch dip, or chips.